Senior Mechanical Engineer (1)
|Reference||Senior Mechanical Engineer (1)|
We require a highly motivated and industry proven Mechanical Engineer to specify and develop core radio equipment products. This role requires experience and skills across the full development lifecycle; from technical specification through design and ver
This role requires a candidate capable of delivering highly robust and thoroughly tested mechanical design solutions as well as one capable of leading Mechanical Development on new product development projects, organising both internal and external design resource. Working as part of a dynamic team of Mechanical Engineers and interfacing with the various other technical disciplines, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assessing product requirements and defining conceptual designs and detail designs.
- Interfacing to Project and Product Management - reporting progress, issues and successes.
- Defining appropriate, cost effective manufacturing techniques.
- Understanding technical risks and devising and implementing mitigation plans.
- Ensuring new product designs meet all the necessary requirements including defined
- Mandatory Standards, Cosmetic standards, Robustness testing and Life Testing.
- Responsible for ensuring that mechanical New Product Developments are delivered on time and to quality.
- Travel overseas to progress piece part manufacture and final product assemblies.
- Technical design & specification of PMR equipment and accessory products.
- Detailed design and test documentation.
- Definition of product acceptance criteria & testing.
- Product integration and acceptance testing.
- Manufacturing requirements & test specification authoring.
- Technical support for mandatory approvals process.
- Technical support to end customers and subcontract manufacturers.